Saturday 24 March 2012

17th January Buckenham Marsh Norfolk

Work took me to Norwich today so after leaving home at 5am to get to Norwich I stopped at Dereham road to pick up the Waxwings posted on birdguides yesterday. After a few hours at work I found an hour in the afternoon to make the short trip to Buckenham. I'd picked up a Lesser White Fronted Goose here before Xmas so wanted to see if I could get lucky for the 2012 list.  I had to walk around the reserve but I did locate it and a small group of White-fronted and Barnacle geese added four for the day. On the way home I stopped at Fakenham to try for the Shrike again. I arrived to find a group of birders looking for it and they told me it hadn't been seen for a while so I decided to walk on a bit and to my surprise I found it hovering over some hawthorn bushes so I called the crowd and they all got good views.

Year list now 139

No comments:

Post a Comment