Tuesday 26 March 2013

Kentish Plover Rye Harbour

A quick detour today took me to Rye Harbour where I caught up with the Kentish Plover that arrived yesterday. Two birds have been recorded but I only managed to connect with one to give me tick 187 for the year. I now need three to break even with last March's total of 190 but with the weather as it is many spring migrants have just not arrived yet, here's hoping for a few more surprises like todays Kentish gift.
Also present was a Grey Plover, several Ringed Plover, Avocets, Redshanks, Dunlin and several gulls.

Herring Gull
Black-headed Gull
Herring Gull

From information on the Kentish Plovers rings it has been established that the bird was rung on 29th May 2009 in Germany where it was monitored until 3rd June 2010 at which point it was lost until it turned up at Rye Harbour yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow wonderful photos, finally got here again to see what you have been snapping recently.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete