Friday 6 June 2014

Reviewing my poor 2014 list

I was thinking my numbers were a bit low this year so thought I'd take a look back against last year and found that I'm 26 down on this time last year.

These 34 are missing year on year

2014 Missing list




   
 Some you can understand......

Lesser Canada Goose (A bit plastic anyway perhaps)

Dusky Thrush, Buff-bellied Pipit, Pied-billed Grebe.....Not expected annually but the rest all possible if I had more money and time to go looking for them.

Some are almost givens for me later this year and some I could pull back given a little luck and a bit more effort but I feel a few have slipped away for sure like Caper and Ptarmigan as I can't see a Scotland trip happening again this year.

On a positive note I have seen a few new birds this year with a few lifers thrown in for good measure

Baikal Teal (Perhaps a little premature to be included but we live in hope)
American Coot
Red-rumped Swallow
Hume's Warbler
Spectacled Warbler
Blyth's Reed Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Hoopoe (Didn't get one at all last year)

No comments:

Post a Comment