Thursday 25 December 2014

Shore Larks at Covehithe Broad Suffolk

Christmas Eve and while the rest of the world was shopping we spent the day sitting on the beach at Covehithe. We parked at the church in Covehithe and took the public footpath past the pig farm towards the beach. From here the broad is visible and the birds were quickly spotted feeding along the waters edge.

I planted myself on the not so dry sand and waited hoping the birds would eventually make their way towards me and sure enough they did. I enjoyed very close views in not so good light and some not so close views in good light. (always the way). Great little birds and one of my favourites and to think I nearly went the whole of 2014 without seeing any. Nice to bump into John R on site and I'm sure he pulled off a few nice shots too.

Year list still moving with a grand total of 269 now. (I think that may be it for 2014!)

Shore Lark
Shore Lark
Shore Lark
Shore Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment