Friday 26 June 2015

Baby boom

Just sitting out in the garden today I couldn't help notice how many young birds are enjoying my feeding station. I put out seed all year and the local feathered population seems to benefit.

Today alone I have had young, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, House Sparrow, Robin and Starling all taking full advantage of the feeders and enjoying picking insects from the leaves in the trees too.
Just good to see so many doing so well and I hope that my stocking up of the feeders has helped in some small part. The garden is alive with parent birds tending newly fledged birds and it's great to see.

Who'd have thought Frankentit could have produced this little charmer
ps....Last night I tried to get a shot of one of the regular Swifts that hawk over the garden but fell at the first. Back in the saddle I'll be trying to improve on the image below.

Swift
Tia "The special one"
Tia has enjoyed watching the birds too today, that is the small ones anyway, Doves, Pigeons and Magpies are quickly chased off to allow the smaller guys to get a look in.

No comments:

Post a Comment