Wednesday 24 August 2016

Lesser Yellowlegs at Vange Marsh RSPB

I was busy decorating when the Jims called this afternoon asking if I fancied a trip to Vange for an Essex tick and of course I had to go. Arriving at 6.30pm we parked up and walked under the flyover to the railway line. We crossed and walked the field to find six birders spread around the waters edge.
Luckily we had a tip from Dave B to walk to the far end and look back for the best views and he was spot on. Although the bird was distant it was showing well within scope range and we were able to pick it out easily amongst the Redshank, Ruff, Green Sandpipers and Blackwits.

A cracking bird for Vange and if I kept an Essex list this would now be on it but as I don't it's just bird 261 on the year list. (7 birds up on the end of August last year which I find surprising)


No comments:

Post a Comment