Saturday 11 March 2017

Marsh Harrier and Short-eared Owls at Elmley NNR

I took a drive down to Elmley this afternoon after work thinkng it's as good a place as any to clear the head after a very hard week of chasing numbers.

I spent two hours there with little to note other than singing Skylarks, Lapwings and a few Redshank before it all kicked off.

First a pair of Marsh Harrier entertained me with the male dropping to the side of the track a few yards form my car allowing a few shots as it feasted before flying off again. A couple of Hares bounced across the field and seven Buzzards soared overhead before the star birds came out to play.
A single Barn Owl and at least six Short-eared Owls flew around the car for the final hour of day light giving me the opportunity to capture some more images of my favourite birds.

If you visit drop a few coins in the honesty box or better still register as a friend of Elmley.



Marsh Harrier
Marsh Harrier at Elmley NNR
Marsh Harrier.....stunning bird!
Short-eared Owl at Elmley NNR
Short-eared Owl 

No comments:

Post a Comment