Friday 4 May 2018

Colin returns to Thursley Common

I heard that Colin the Cuckoo had made the epic return journey to Thursley Common so I thought well if he can make it so can I so I jumped in the car drove the 70 miles round the orbital and arrived at the Moat Pond car park for 6.30am this morning. (tiny effort compared to his)

The walk along the boardwalk and round to the paddock took about fifteen minutes and then the waiting game started. Thankfully I was entertained by two male and a female Redstart along with Tree Pipit and Woodlark calling nearby. After about three hours Colin started calling and flew in to feed for a couple of minutes allowing me and the small gathering to fire off a few shots before he flew up and over the trees and that was that. For the next three hours nothing visited the field so I decided to jump back on the orbital and head home trying in vain to avoid the Friday rush.

Year list now 205


Colin
Colin the Cuckoo
taking to the skies again
What a star
Blackbird
Redstart
Common Lizard on the boardwalk at Thursley Common 

No comments:

Post a Comment